Join Our Community!
We are currently seeking creative writers to share DIY projects, recipes, favorite tools and resources, and creative business tips and advice.
Please read carefully.
• We are looking for well-written, not overly promotional posts with high quality images and graphics.
• Before you submit, get to know our community editors, Rachel & Alison, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter, read through our blog and leave comments on posts that interest you. Get familiar with our site and join our creative community.
• All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SUBMISSION” in the subject line. Images and graphics should be at least 1000px wide (72dpi), compressed together in a .zip file and sent as an attachment. If your attachment is larger than 20MB let us know and we can set up a dropbox folder for you to submit to.
• Include a 40-50 word bio, a 200×200 headshot or button, and links to your sites/social media pages.
Adventures In Making Topics
We are always looking for contributions on the following topics (click for some example posts) and feel free to submit your own!
• Creative Business – tips, experiences, stories, and questions.
• Toolbox – product reviews, creative solutions, tools and techniques.
• Inspiration – show & tell, featured makers, favorite resources and discoveries.
• DIY Projects – craft tutorials, DIY projects and recipes.
Be A Featured Maker
We love sharing the work and process of other creatives! Whether you are a creative business owner or simply have a hobby you are super passionate about, we’d love to hear your story! Our goal for the “Featured Maker” series is to share your unique story with our readers. We do not publish submissions with the main goal of selling. Instead we want to get a peek inside your every day life, creative process, and experiences.
To apply to be a Featured Maker on our blog, download and send the completed questionnaire and accompanying high quality photos (must be at least 1000px wide) to email@example.com with “FEATURED MAKER” in the subject line.
Become A Guest Contributor
Submit a post as a guest on Adventures In Making. You can share your favorite DIY project or recipe, write a review, or share a creative business story. See our list of post topics above for ideas on the kinds of posts we are looking for. If you have an idea for a post that you’re not sure would fit into those topics, but you think our readers would still love, feel free to pitch it to us!
Guest Contributor Reward:
All guest contributors will receive our official Adventures In Making swag kit in the mail as a thank you for your submission!
Become A Monthly Writer
We are currently seeking creative writers to share their experiences and skills. A.I.M. writers must commit to submitting at 1-5 posts per month for at least 3 months. Writers who are willing to contribute year-round and become a part of our writing team are given priority. As a A.I.M. writer, your bio, photo and links will be added to our about page and you have the option of also having your own Featured Maker post so that our readers can get to know you better.
Monthly Writer Reward:
As a thank you for sharing your hard work and talent with our readers, A.I.M. writers will receive a monthly gift from Alison and Rachel in the mail! Gifts will be different every month and could include a handmade notebook, note cards, stickers and buttons, mini craft kits and more!
Terms & Conditions
Well-written content – We focus on submissions that are clear and easy to read, free of grammar or spelling errors, and heartfelt and genuine. If you are feeling nervous about your writing skills, or if English is not your first language, let us know! We are happy to help you.
High-quality images – This is a top priority for Adventures In Making. Your images should be in focus, shot in natural light, and be owned by you or shared with the consent of the photographer. All images should be sized a minimum of 1000px wide. If photography is not your strong suit, check out this post on basic guidelines for beginner photographers. As always, feel free to send us any questions you may have. We are happy to help!
Non-promotional – We do not accept submissions with the main goal of selling. We are happy to share the work of your fellow creatives, but the emphasis of any post needs to be on storytelling and sharing great content. For example, instead of just showing us the amazing jewelry you make with a link to your online shop, show us some of your favorite tools and techniques, tell us what first sparked your interest in jewelry-making, or give us a tour of your studio. We want to see your creative process and hear about any challenges you’ve faced in your experiences of making.